Following are the instructions for my Microbiology Lab next week:
Materials Needed For This Exercise –
Eight Nutrient Agar plates
A sterile cotton swab
1. Number the plates 1 through 8
2. Open plate #1 and expose it to the air for 30 minutes or longer.
3. Use the cotton swab to sample your desk area and then streak plates 2 and 3.
4. Cough several times on the agar surface of plate 4.
5. Rub your hands together and then touch the agar surface of plate 5 lightly with your fingertipes.
6. Remove the lid of plate 6 and vigorously scratch your head over it.
7. Leave plates 7 and 8 covered.
8. Label and incubate them for 24 to 48 hours.
Should I be worried if I find all this incredibly stimulating and fascinating?
*laughs* I’m going to be such a germaphobe after this, I just know it.